Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alzheimer's Association
The Coordinator, Walk to End Alzheimer’s identifies, cultivates & manages volunteer relationships within the community that directly increase resources for the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association through the signature event of the Alzheimer’s Association, Walk to End Alzheimer’s. Measurable outcomes of this position are achieving designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation and community partnerships as well as increasing Walk-brand visibility in the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Walk Event Planning & Production
- Responsible for a given number of Walk Teams to help cultivate growth by offering fund raising suggestions, mentoring, web support and contact information for fast friendly service
- Manage, recruit and train the chair and committee members for the St. Louis Walk
- Assist with all St. Louis Walk wraparound events (e.g., kickoffs, registration weeks, bank nights, contest weeks, etc.) and all walker stewardship and cultivation initiatives
- Propose ideas to improve provided services, event quality and efficiencies
- Responsible for helping to cultivate new sponsorships by introducing the Alzheimer's Association and the Programs and Services we offer the community and how this is primarily funded by the Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Provide assistance to the Special Events Manager with Walk day logistics for the St. Louis Walk
- Assist in creating and managing training materials for event day volunteers and staff, specify staff roles and requirements, and pre-train event day volunteers and staff
- Prepare Walk data reporting (e.g., biweekly reports, benchmarking, queries, stewardship call sheets, etc.)
- In coordination with the Walk Manager track all St. Louis Walk sponsors (to be used internally to fulfill sponsorship benefits)
- Provide customer service for walker website assistance and donation questions for all Walks
- Assist with contact lists, scripts and details for team recruitment events
- Provide meeting support for Walk Committee meetings and other Walk-related meetings
- Support regional Walks to End Alzheimer’s as needed
- Grow Chapter-wide Champions Club Program by implementing cultivation and donor-development strategies, increase number of Champion’s Club participants. This may include special events as the program grows.
- Provide training, supervision and work direction to special event interns
- Represent the Association at designated benefit events or other Association events
- Build relationships with Team Captains through the Walk Volunteer Planning Committee to ensure growth in fundraising and participants
- Build connections with target professionals and families through participation in appropriate events to reach business/organization supporters, Alzheimer persons and their families (networking opportunities, speaking engagements, health fairs, public appearances, etc.).
- At least 1-2 years coordinating special events
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or 1-3 years work experience in a nonprofit setting
- Understanding of development and fundraising events preferred
- Professional experience in a nonprofit fundraising setting preferred
- Experience working with volunteers preferred