Chestnut Health Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Student Internship -Prevention; Part-Time; Days
at Chestnut Health Systems
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Intern (Part Time)
- Substance Abuse
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a part-time Intern (Prevention) to work at our Granite City, IL location, servicing the Metro East and St. Louis, MO areas.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Assist Prevention staff in delivery of Youth Prevention Education.
- Develop and distribute educational materials related to substance use prevention to Madison and St. Clair County’s public schools.
- Participate in collaborative meetings with substance abuse prevention coalitions in Madison and St. Clair Counties.
- Assist with data collection and analysis.
- Assist with program evaluations.
- Assist in distribution of campaign materials.
- Plan events and programs for substance abuse prevention, teen pregnancy prevention, opioid overdose prevention and other applicable programs and grants.
- Work with high school youth committees.
- Travel to various schools and other locations within the site plan area for meetings, curriculum implementation, outreach, and other grant-related activities.
- Prepare program documentation and reports.
- Fulfill agency responsibilities related to staff development, agency meetings and committees and other responsibilities as designated by supervisor.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and client information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Unpaid position requiring an individual in either their junior or senior year of undergraduate study or working toward their Master’s degree in Community Health, Public Health, or a behavioral health related field.
- Requires good organizational skills and verbal (including phone) and written communication skills.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable.
- Position requires ability to travel to schools and other locations in the site plan area.
- Must obtain DCFS CANTS Child Abuse Clearance.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled