Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Job TitleInspection Specialist
This Inspector specialist position will provide support to our Emergency Management Response/Recovery team. This will require working in the US Virgin Islands for approximately 3 months
- Provides construction oversight and technical advice by conducting inspections and surveillance, reviewing project documents, including, but not limited to: construction scopes of work, design drawings, contracts, bid documents, contractor invoices and disbursements
- Coordinates activities and mediates disputes between contractors and applicants by participating in design review, pre-construction and in-progress construction meetings as needed.
- Identifies scope items for punch-lists and performs routine site visits as required.
- Verifies current construction projects are in compliance with program specifications via site inspections and review of construction documents.
- Monitors implementation and compliance of OSHA and APTIM safety policies.
- Documents daily activities and communications using multiple software platforms.
- Track close-out issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Has 3+ years relevant experience in residential home building and/or home renovation.
- Strong knowledge of local codes, zoning requirements and building standards.
- Must have technical/professional background in QA/QC, engineering, architecture, construction management or similar fields.
- Ability to perform a site inspections to build residential scope of work and estimate associated costs per applicable guidelines, local codes and zoning requirements.
- Ability to read/interpret design documents and construction drawings.
- Ability to explain construction requirements to applicants not familiar with construction.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (i.e., MS Word and Excel) and ability to learn new software on demand to complete project requirements.
- Ability to multitask and complete work assignments independently with minimal supervision/guidance.
- Effective oral, listening, and written communication skills
- Strong Customer Service skills required.
- Possess valid driver's license.
- Experience with Economic Development, Public Administration, CDBG/HUD programs, FEMA, and/or other Disaster Recovery programs is not required, but strongly desired.
- Residential and/or vertical construction experience, including single-family, multi-family, high-rise residential or commercial buildings
With approximately 15,000 employees deployed across hundreds of offices and customer sites globally, APTIM provides integrated maintenance services, environmental engineering and remediation, infrastructure, EPC services, program management, disaster response and recovery, resiliency planning and energy management services for private sector and government customers. All of us at APTIM are very excited about this new venture, our ownership and new name. We look forward to providing exceptional value and demonstrating our unwavering dedication to our customers as we move forward as APTIM.