Cole & Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cole & Associates
Under direct supervision of the GIS Manager or Director of Technology, the successful candidate will perform technical and professional work in the design and maintenance of Geographical Information System (GIS) graphics and mapping applications.
- Enhance, expand, and maintain Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Utilize GIS and associated software to produce, display, and analyze geographic information; creates case maps to internal customers in various departments
- Develops ArcMap projects/layouts for the fulfillment of data requests as necessary; designs cartographic and other visual graphic output.
- Assist with GIS mobile data collection processes such as ArcPad, ArcGIS for iOS or other related data collection technologies.
- Prepare, update, and maintain graphic displays databases, reports, statistical information and maps as requested.
- Assists in the collection of mapping of land use, environmental and other types of data for comprehensive plans.
- Interpret various information from applications to GIS files, e.g. survey drawings, site development plans, subdivision plans, plats.
- Assist various employees with map production and analysis of spatial database information; provides technical support to train and assist system users in new and existing GIS applications.
- Organizes creates, manipulates, enters and retrieves GIS data for reporting, analysis, and presentation purposes.
- Performs related duties as directed.
Education and Experience
Associates Degree in Geography, Computer Science, Planning, Engineering, Surveying or related field. One to two years of experience in GIS; or an equivalent combination of education, training, experience.
- One year of experience with use of Esri ArcGIS Desktop and/or AutoCAD Map and ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
It is the policy of Cole & Associates, Inc. a Missouri Corporation d.b.a Cole Design Group, Inc. in Texas & Arizona,herein referred to as "Cole" not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.