Cole & Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cole & Associates
LOOKING FOR A GREAT CAREER? PROBLEM SOLVED! Cole is hiring a Project Engineer in St. Louis, Dallas and Phoenix AZ.
Cole is a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary company providing Civil Engineering, Surveying, Landscape Architecture and ADA Transition Planning services to our clients. Cole has a national corporate presence with offices in St. Louis and St. Charles, MO, Frisco, TX and Phoenix AZ. Our office is centrally located near great restaurants, shops and right outside of outstanding school districts!
While our offices and services span the US we take pride in our strong company culture. Cole is a collaborative and forward-thinking company and we believe in providing our employees with an active and fun work environment. We are multiple offices, one company!
Our robust benefits package includes competitive pay, group insurance, a retirement plan, paid vacation/paid time, flexible schedules and we support and encourage training and growth opportunities.
The successful candidate must be able to design a project site from conceptual layout through construction and will be responsible for meeting project objectives and coordinating with design team members in the performance of a wide variety of land development projects.
- Perform design of complex residential/commercial/municipal civil engineering projects, including site grading, streets, sanitary sewers, pump stations, small wastewater treatment plants, storm sewers, detention facilities, flood studies, storm channels and other related site improvements.
- Research and prepare conceptual drawings, preliminary designs, feasibility studies and preliminary cost estimates for residential/commercial/municipal projects.
- Perform grading, drainage, hydraulic and transportation calculations to support project design.
- Perform site investigations and analyze site conditions such as creeks, existing structures, off-site issues, utilities, etc.
- Perform hydraulic modeling in specialized software of pipes, creeks, channels and other drainage or sewer conveyance systems.
- Resolve design conflicts; perform constructability reviews.
- Perform quantity takeoffs, shop drawing review and prepare bid specifications.
- Capable of performing quality control reviews of design projects.
- Maintain project documentation.
- Provide project status information for Project Manager.
- Assist in developing project scopes and schedules.
- Communicate and maintain good client communication
- Present projects to clients, agencies, municipalities and the general public.
- Experience in wastewater treatment plant design from design reporting through permitting with regulatory agencies. Experience in retrofitting/upgrading preferred but not required.
- Sanitary sewer design (plans and profiles).
- Water system design experience a plus but not required.
- Must have a general understanding of how water and sewer systems function and the ability to evaluate, determine the needs of a system and prepare a required design to improve the system.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (or equivalent degree and experience)
- Four to Eight years of experience in civil engineering design.
- EIT/PE License Required.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Excel, Word, Hydraulic, Transportation and Grading Software
It is the policy of Cole & Associates, Inc. a Missouri Corporation d.b.a Cole Design Group, Inc. in Texas & Arizona,herein referred to as "Cole" not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.