Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Production Manager - Sanitation - $600 HIRING BONUS
at Dierbergs Markets
Position Summary: The Assistant Production Manager, under the direction of the Department Manager, will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of operating the Sanitation Department. This will include Associate relations, internal and external customer relations, planning, communication with other departments, and adherence to and enforcement of the Food Safety Plan.
- Must have 2-3 years of experience working in a structured sanitation environment performing all sanitation & supervisory duties.
- Must have a minimum of one year of supervisory experience and demonstrate the ability to lead, manage and build a team of Associates while creating a positive work environment.
- Must be proficient in all sanitation duties and the ability to operate sanitation equipment.
- Must be able to work independently and monitor and direct Associates within the department.
- Must be proactive and self-directed while using effective delegation and follow-up skills.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to train & develop Associates and leads.
- Must be detail-oriented and have good organizational skills.
- Ability to set goals, prioritize work, and multi-task in a fast paced production environment.
- Must have good problem solving skills with the ability to coach, counsel and administer corrective action when necessary.
- Must have strong knowledge of food safety and proper food handling standards. Serv-Safe Certification is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., work in coolers, freezers and hot humid areas (zero to 100 degrees) and work standing for the majority of the work day.
- Must be opened-minded and receptive to change. Support the goals and initiatives of management and be a team player willing to assist in any area of the kitchen where needed.
- Treat all Associates with respect, in a fair and consistent manner following the guidelines outlined in Dierbergs Associate Handbook and under Code of Conduct.
- Must be proficient in reading SDS sheets, devising sanitation plans and have an understanding of chemical uses, buying and storage.
- Insure the adherence of all SSOP’s, SOP’s, GMP’s, policies, procedures and standards by all Sanitation Associates. Communicate when violations of company/department policies and standards are not met.
- Must possess strong Associate Relations skills with the ability to teach, coach, and counsel Associates; build teamwork and Associate morale; possess good conflict resolution skills; and the ability to work with a wide variety of people with differing backgrounds and abilities.
- Provide performance related feedback to Associates; provide positive reinforcement, and Associate recognition to build a positive work moral and teamwork within the department.
- Read and follow the Master Cleaning Schedule and meet the daily sanitation needs by monitoring the productivity of Associates and insuring tasks are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Monitor and hold Associates accountable for following the proper SSOP’s, SOP’s and GMP’s.
- Train new Associates in the department and be a supportive coach for all Associates within the department.
- Complete proper documentation such as Preventative Control Logs, HACCP Logs and checklist as directed by the Quality Assurance Department to keep in compliance with the Food Safety Plan.
- Ensure the proper use of equipment, including set-up, operation, break-down and sanitation. Assist in reducing repair cost associated with equipment neglect.
- Operate the department in the absence of the Department Manager.
Benefits & Perks:
- Weekly Paychecks
- Set pay increases
- Overtime paid at time and a half
- No Overnight shifts required (Most shifts end by 10 p.m.)
- AM and PM schedules available, paid scheduled breaks
- Minimal Sundays
- On-going training and development
- Opportunities for advancement
- Recognition Programs
- Health Benefits, Pension and 401-K after qualifying period
- Paid vacation and personal days after qualifying period
- Off most holidays (New Year’s Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day). Holiday Pay for six holidays (must meet scheduling requirements)