Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Consultant - Enterprise GIS (Imagery)
at Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
- Job Category
- Professional Services and Consulting
- Job ID
Provide technical and creative leadership for an emerging community of location-aware organizations.
With your technical expertise in database and system administration, the ArcGIS platform, and Geographic Information System application deployments, coupled with strong communication skills, you will help drive strategy among this growing community of users who are immersed in location data and incorporating it into their everyday decisions.
We are looking for motivated and self-directed individuals dedicated to ensuring client success by designing, building, certifying, and supporting the software used for creating enterprise solutions for ArcGIS.
Enable users to be successful
- Work closely with customers and partners to identify, design, implement and certify key GIS workflows for the ArcGIS platform
- Provide platform configuration guidance and best practices to customers
- Understand how Esri’s technology integrates/interfaces with customers' solutions vision
- Communicate ArcGIS enterprise technologies to technical and non-technical customers
- Be able to understand, create, and explain new data products created by spatial analysis
- Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how GIS brings business value to address critical challenges and mission requirements faced by our customers
- Present complex GIS technical demonstrations to various levels of staff in a diverse range of customer organizations
- Possess a desire to immerse yourself in location-based problem solving to support our clients' missions
- Push the boundaries of current mapping technology for some of the largest organizations in the world
Optimize performance and organization
- Collaborate internally to help customer organizations align their technical objectives and business goals with Esri’s technology platform
- Prepare and present high-quality business and technically-related documentation
- Communicate best practices for building and maintaining enterprise geodatabases
- 5 or more years of experience working with enterprise GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform (desktop, server, and online)
- Experience working directly with customers to integrate imagery technologies within GIS workflows and business processes
- Experience with Esri software including ArcGIS Enterprise, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Runtime, and their associated APIs or interfaces
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented and cloud
- Strong, persuasive communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
- Direct work-related experience in and familiarity with the organizations and operations of the US Intelligence Community (IC) and/or Department of Defense (DoD)
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
- Advanced proficiency with ArcGIS raster concepts (mosaic datasets and image services)
- Experience with NITF and TFRD formatted Imagery and metadata
- Experience with imagery exploitation workflows
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.