Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Geospatial Engineer (Defense/Intel)
at Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
- Job Category
- Professional Services and Consulting
- Job ID
The individual performing this role will use their knowledge of geographic information systems (GIS) technology to configure solutions, implement workflows, create and provision data content, test enhancements and provide user support to Esri customers. This role can require desk-side support to mission analysts as well as participation in larger project teams providing support in the conception, construction, implementation and testing of GIS databases, applications, and production systems.
Enable users to be successful
- Assist in the design and development of data automation, data migration, and database development projects within the Intelligence Community and Department of Defense
- Perform basic and advanced processing tasks using ArcGIS and other Esri products and extensions
- Build databases or data stores from imagery and cartographic/digital sources; support the development of GIS database designs
- Write geoprocessing Python and SQL scripts
- Perform map and web map production tasks
- Possess a desire to immerse yourself in location-based problem solving to support our client’s missions
- Push the boundaries of current mapping technology for some of the largest organizations in the world
Optimize performance and organization
- Collaborate internally to help customer organizations align their technical objectives and business goals with Esri’s technology platform
- Review, interpret, and utilize established production processes
- Coordinate workflow with project/technical managers
- Support Esri customers use of the ArcGIS Platform and address user requests
- 2 or more years of professional experience using GIS-related technology in a professional setting
- Proficiency with the Esri product line, including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, and related desktop extensions
- Experience with automated cartography, computer science, programming, and spatial analysis
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s in geography, GIS, cartography, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- Background in software support or technical customer service with direct end user contact
- Experience with data conversion/migration
- Knowledge of Linux, UNIX, and Windows operating systems; Python scripting; SQL
- Direct work-related experience in and familiarity with the organizations and operations of the US Intelligence Community (IC) and/or Department of Defense (DoD)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.