Fort Zumwalt R-II School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Paraprofessional- St. Peters Elementary(SELF)
at Fort Zumwalt R-II School District
SUPPORT STAFF POSITIONS
TITLE: Special Education Paraprofessional
QUALIFICATIONS: The Special Education paraprofessionals shall have a minimum of sixty (60) college hours and be competent in the duties to be performed. Paraprofessionals are required to obtain a substitute teacher certificate.
REPORTS TO: Principal
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
JOB GOAL: To work in a resource or self-contained room with students under a teacher’s supervision.
1. Assist special education teacher with instruction of special education students in the classroom.
2. Monitor classroom when there are IEP meetings and staffings.
3. Assist the special education teachers as needed (i.e., grading papers, phone calls).
4. Assist with physical care of special education students as needed (i.e. diaper changing, taking to bathroom and feeding).
5. Assist in lunchroom as assigned.
6. Assist at recess and noon hour as assigned.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the building principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment will be on an at-will basis for 9 months, beginning with the first day of the work calendar or at the time of employment for duration of school year with prorated personal leave. Each paraprofessional will be provided a work calendar showing the specific daily work schedule of the employee. The work calendar may be modified by the Board of Education at any time, as needs dictate.
Seven hours (including a 30-minute non-paid lunch period) will constitute a workday for special education paraprofessionals. A definite daily schedule will be established by the building principal and approved by the Assistant Superintendent of Personnel.
The yearly salary will be disbursed in nineteen (19) equal payments or twenty-four (24) equal payments per employee’s choice.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of support staff personnel.
Approved: August 21, 1989
Revised: August 15, 1994
Revised: June 19, 2000
Revised: May 15, 2006
Revised: November 16, 2009
Revised: September 16, 2013
Fort Zumwalt School District, O’Fallon, Missouri
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, November 12, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)