Great American Insurance Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Claims Intern- Summer 2020
at Great American Insurance Group
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Position Type
Headquartered in Fenton, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis, Vanliner Insurance Company is a member of Great American Insurance Group. For over 30 years, Vanliner has grown to become the country’s top insurance provider for the moving and storage, parcel and home delivery industries. Our mission since day one, has been to provide first-class insurance products and unparalleled customer service to all of our customers. Our success is driven by the expertise, innovation and commitment to customer service that our employees provide. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
The Vanliner Internship Program will begin in May 2020 and end in August 2020.
The intern program provides college students the opportunity to learn about the insurance industry and to experience Vanliner’s corporate culture. The internship will focus on Claims handling with exposure to underwriting, operations, IT, reinsurance and other aspects of the insurance industry. Students with an interest in the field of business, finance, or risk management and insurance are encouraged to apply.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing majors such areas as Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Communications, or Risk Management and Insurance, but other majors could be considered.
- Anticipated graduation date ranging from Fall/Winter 2020 to Spring 2021
- Candidates must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Prior customer service/work experience is highly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient with MS Word and Excel.
- Technology skills highly desirable
- Inquisitive, problem-solving skills and a desire for “hands on” experience