Hazelwood School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Extra Duty Assist. Wrestling Coach Boys- Central High 2018-19
at Hazelwood School District
Title: Assistant Coach
Qualifications: Teaching certificate preferred. Min. Req: 60 hrs of college credit. Less than 60 hrs - hardship application.
Reports to: Head Coach and Activities Director
Supervises: Athletes and team assigned. Assume supervisory control over all athletes in program when such control is needed.
Job Goal: To carry out the aims and objectives of the sports program as outlined by the head coach and school administration. To instruct athletes in individual team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has knowledge of district, state and league regulations; implements same consistently and interprets.
- Instructs athletes on the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques as decided by the head coach.
- Provides documentation to fulfill state and district requirements concerning physical exams, parental consent and eligibility.
- Promotes the sport within the school by recruiting athletes that are not participating in sports.
- By his/her presence at all practices, games and while traveling provide assistance, guidance and safeguards for each participant.
- Is accountable to the head coach for all equipment. If in charge of a team, arrange for the issuing, and collection of all equipment necessary for the sport.
- Submit an “end of the year” report on lower level team.
- Assist the head coach in carrying out his responsibilities.
- Gives constant attention to a student athlete’s grades and conduct.
- Attends clinics and workshops to stay abreast of all current trends in their sport.
- Maintains good public relations with booster club, parents, officials, volunteers and fans.
- Performs such other duties which may be assigned by the head coach or athletic administrator/principal.
Interested applicants can send resumes & letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org along w/ uploading them on talent ed.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, November 13, 2018 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)