Hazelwood School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Extra Duty - Dance Sponsor - West High 2019-2020 school year
at Hazelwood School District
Title: Dance Sponsor
Qualifications: Teaching certificate preferred. Min Require. No college credit – Completion of ASEP First Aid Course
Dance experience desired
Reports to: Activities Director
Supervises: Assistant Dance Coach and dance squad
Job Goal: To advise and lead the dance squad so that they function as effectively as possible to instill school spirit. To perform dance routines at athletic events and perform as an effective unit during local and state competitions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the directing, supervising and sequential training of the dancers.
- Responsible for the conduct of the dancers at practice sessions and at contest.
- Leads and directs the dancers in such a way as to encourage good sportsmanship by example and leadership.
- Responsible for uniforms and supplies. (distribution and collection)
- See that the dancers carry out all the duties set forth in their constitution.
- Conduct a one week clinic for tryouts of dancers in the spring of the year and arranges for all judges for the tryouts.
- Must be present or have assistant coach present and responsible for routines at all home varsity football games at four home varsity boys and four varsity girls’ basketball games.
- Work with band director in the selection of music, themes and formations for halftime numbers.
- Participate in Homecoming parade and other activities where dancers may be needed.
- Perform at all pep assemblies throughout the school year.
- Compete at several local and state competitions
- Trains and informs staff, encourages professional growth by encouraging clinic attendance according to local policy
- Promotes the sport within the school by recruiting athletes that are not participating in sports.
- Maintains good public relations with boosters club, parents, officials, volunteers and fans.
- Performs such other duties which may be assigned by the athletic administrator/principal.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, January 24, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)