Hazelwood School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hazelwood School District
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a variety of clerical duties to assist with and support various classroom and school functions in the absence of clerical personnel.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Performs any combination of a variety of clerical services for the school staff, such as opening and distributing mail, answering the phone, taking and forwarding messages, typing classroom materials and /or correspondence, copying classroom and/or office materials, laminating, preparing and distributing informational flyers, preparation of progress reports.
2. Supervises or assists with supervision of students during breakfast and lunch hours, recesses, loading/unloading of buses.
3. Prepares posters, special displays and/or other materials for school bulletin boards and special mailings.
4. May take incoming absenteeism phone calls and track student attendance/tardiness.
5. May respond to requests from students or parents for assistance and solicit parent volunteers to help with school functions.
6. May assist with cataloging of books and maintenance of the school library or videotape inventory; or have responsibility for administration of the cable channel at the school.
7. May make arrangements or assist with coordinating special functions or events at the school.
1. May serve as back-up for the school nurse/clinic at lunch or in the event of absence.
2. May assist in the principal’s office and with other special projects as may be assigned.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands:
1. Sitting, walking, standing, talking, hearing, stooping or crouching to handle materials.
2. Normal mental attention with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less as well as 20 feet or more required.
3. Nominal physical effort required ranging from moving very light (1 to 5 lbs.) items by hand to rarely moving light to average (5 to 60 lbs.) boxes of paper and other supplies with assistance.
Normal office/inside conditions with part-time outside conditions for recess or bus duty.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge: Basic knowledge of arithmetic, spelling, English and grammar. Accuracy in checking, posting, proofreading and counting. Basic use of computers, calculators, copy machines, telephone system, fax machine and office machines and equipment that require a basic skills knowledge. Adaptable to clerical routines. High school diploma or equivalent.
Skills and Abilities
1. Apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
2. Perform the basic functions of arithmetic; add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure. Compute ratio, rate and percent. Draw and interpret bar graphs.
3. Perform reading, writing and speaking at a basic level.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, May 31, 2018 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)