Hunter Engineering Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hunter Engineering Company
- Regular Full-Time
Hunter Engineering Company is a world leader in automotive service equipment, offering state-of-the-art wheel alignment systems, wheel balancers, lift racks and more. Hunter equipment is approved and used by vehicle manufacturers, automobile and truck dealers, tire dealers and automotive service facilities around the world. We are currently seeking a cost accountant for our finance & accounting operations.
This position will primarily assist the Inventory and Cost Accounting Manager in the operational accounting and manufacturing analytics reporting. The cost accountant must be experienced, strategic and team-centered professional to lead process improvements. The Ideal candidate must be self-motivated, results driven.
The location will be at Hunter Engineering Company’s headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Responsible for the compilation and analytics of inventory activity.
- Responsible for researching and analyzing consumption rates and BOM’s.
- Responsible for collecting and preparing all operational KPI’s.
- Responsible for researching labor variances and indirect labor usage.
- Design and maintain consumption models based on work order activity.
- Overhead absorption analysis.
- Standard cost rollup analysis.
- Responsible for identifying labor variances and recommending time studies.
- Slow moving and obsolesce review.
- Intercompany material transfer analysis
- B.S. Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum 3 years cost accounting experience in manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience with standard setting, BOM’s, labor, and production analysis.
- Strong knowledge of MS office programs heavily in Access, Excel and Word
- Proficient in US GAPP
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- CMA or CGMA preferred
- Previous experience in consumption and inventory management.