Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer Intern
- # Positions
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Industrial Engineer to join the Lighting Sector Team in St. Louis, MO. The Successful candidate will perform Industrial and Project Engineering activities to improve productibility, quality, and reduce costs. Investigates, evaluates, justifies and implements new processes.
What Will You Do?
- Using concepts associated with product slotting, develop and implement warehouse layout and logistics plans, including grouping products and product families to optimize pick productivity and minimize travel time, determining optimum sizing of pick face locations, work balancing to improve material flow and reduce congestion, load building to ensure placement of product that minimizes product damage during packing and good ergonomics to reduce risk of injury. Over time, monitors changes in customer demand and product offerings and modifies slotting to ensure continued efficiency of warehouse layout.
- Uses analytical methods and a variety of tools to understand, predict and/or improve logistics operations and processes. Assists in the development of policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
- Using knowledge of industrial engineering, warehouse management system to plan and develop activities. Provides data analysis for key projects.
- Monitors inventory and analyzes requirements to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times and fill rates. Determines logistics and timing of shipments for efficiency improvements.
- Assume leadership role to maximize use of appropriate lean manufacturing principles. Design and document specifications to modify and enhance system to support productivity, cost, quality and service objectives. Responsible for data management, analyzing performance, identifying problems and developing recommendations to support findings based upon data.
- Organization: Individual Contributor Competency Model
- Main Interface: Internal production and inventory, key personnel involved indirectly or directly relevant to a logistics activity and external customers.
- Budget: No direct budgetary responsibility.
- Pursuing a degree in Industrial or Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- 1 year of relevant work experience preferred
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
About Legrand’s Lighting Sector
Through Pinnacle, Finelite, and OCL, Legrand designs and manufactures high performance, environmentally sustainable lighting solutions and products for commercial, educational and healthcare facilities. We work with leading architects and contractors to supply systems and products. We employ a talented group of lighting engineers and designers who work with the latest technologies, using cutting-edge tools to create fixtures which are unique and built to last. Our products offer the design professional a complete palette of integrated products that breathe life into architectural spaces for design that lasts. Legrand’s specification grade products are suited for a broad range of applications, and the integrated product line allows designers to create multi-level lighting scenarios using various luminaires from an extensive offering.
Equal Opportunity Employer