Mercy Medical Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mercy Medical Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Jefferson Coffee Bar
We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
The barista has proven ability to provide quality customer service and demonstrated knowledge of coffee products, equipment, and tea products. The barista has responsibility for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. He/she is also responsible for making a difference to our customers by educating them about our premium coffees and teas. Baristas are instrumental in building customer relationships and fostering a positive and friendly store environment.
- Educates our customers on the superior quality of products and services.
- Weighs, grinds and packs coffee per customers’ orders according to recipe guidelines.
- Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers.
- Sells and serves products to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Continues to learn and educate themselves on whole bean knowledge, coffee blends, tea products, bakery items, coffee brewing, and blended products.
- Participates in all sales promotions effectively and efficiently.
- Safely handles all hot and cold drinks during drink preparation.
- Ensures that all customers are educated on our products and services.
- Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
- Follows all Callaghan’s drink recipes and procedures.
- Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with our customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
- Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly manner.
- Reports all customer complaints to manager.
- Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations.
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Certifications: Serve Safe Food Handlers or Serve Safe Manager Certification must be obtained within 90 days of hire or transfer and maintained.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Coffeeshop, Barista, Cafe, Coffee
Job Board Tags