National MS Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Development Coordinator, Bike MS
at National MS Society
Potential Work LocationsSt. Louis, Missouri
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- In lieu of a degree, a candidate with some college and at least 3 years of experience coordinating events and fundraising activities will be considered.
- Two years related experience in event planning/ management and/or fundraising
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Ability to work independently while effectively prioritizing multiple projects and activities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting and with large groups.
- Strong organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Goal and results driven.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook- strong aptitude for learning database systems.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. To fulfill this mission, the Society funds cutting-edge research, drives change through advocacy, facilitates professional education, collaborates with MS organizations around the world, and provides programs and services designed to help people with MS and their families move their lives forward. We partner with volunteers to accomplish our work. Staff members engage volunteers through effective and timely communications, facilitating meaningful opportunities, and continually seeking and providing feedback for reciprocal growth and learning.
The Development Coordinator will focus on the constituents and teams, top donor recognition, planning, local marketing coordination, administrative duties, volunteer management, donor relations) associated with Bike MS and other events as assigned in order to achieve fundraising, public relations, and community relations goals as well as supporting the organization's vision to create a world free of MS.
This position will support the successful execution of Bike MS events, including kickoffs, committee meetings, pre-event socials/gatherings) and provide on-site support day of and weekend of events. Duties include, recruiting participants, recruiting & engaging volunteers, supporting /coaching/cultivating event participants, and supporting logistical needs related to donor cultivation and recognition.
The Development Coordinator acts as an ambassador for the National MS Society, always striving to engage participants and their donors with the mission by providing exceptional customer service. This position works closely with the development team and organization to foster participant engagement, exceed participant and donor expectations with the Society and drive revenue and participation.
Execute campaign strategies to retain, grow and recruit participants for assigned events
- Increase participant engagement through cultivation and recruitment activities
- With guidance from the development leadership accelerates revenue growth by ensuring each Bike MS market has a strong event experience, including all VIP level recognition. Works in collaboration with the logistics team (in-house or outsourced).
- Collaborate with the market staff to implement successful team fundraising and recruitment weeks to maximize these efforts.
- Regularly monitor the performance of fundraising portfolio to ensure timely responsiveness to new registrants, to recognize fundraising and recruitment milestones and to maximize retention.
- Manage communication schedule of team week emails within Convio and execute electronic communication with participants and donors.
- Assist event participants with registration & participant center support
- Conduct personal outreach to participants to provide coaching around how to utilizing our online resources to increase their fundraising
- Identify recruitment events for Mass Market Events- i.e. sports expos, health fairs, bike events; ensure events are well staffed through recruitment of volunteers
- Manages call sheets for all event-related gifts and large gift tracking related to special events
- Support timely and accurate reporting support for the development department
- Provide Customer service for Mass Market Event participants and donors and serve as fundraising resource for all event participants.
- Manage key aspects of events as related to top fundraiser and team experience and recognition. Examples may include set up and management of Team Village, registration process or start and finish line areas
- Provide support on site at each event
- Coordinate design and production of all awards and recognition pieces
- Assist with management of all VIP cultivation and recognition activities
- Coordinate production of all event materials including utilizing Society sourced print houses to coordinate printing, managing prep and assembly when necessary
- Assists with all RSVP and invitation activities for development events in designated area
- Assist with all prize and incentive fulfillment
- Assist with the development, management, compilation, and reporting of results from surveys, feedback forms, etc.
- Assists the in all department meeting, with scheduling, note taking and disbursements of notes
- Assists with outreach phone call management
- Plans all mailings for the department and acts as a liaison between the Volunteer manager and office volunteers
- Assists with sponsor tracking and day of fulfillment as needed
- Provides correspondence to individuals , sponsors and team as directed by Development leaders
- Assists with event follow-up and analysis where necessary.
- Manage assigned projects to within budget guidelines as directed to include: managing vendor quotes, accounts payable & receivable and utilizing the E-procurement System
- Manage department mailings
- Prepare sponsor wrap up reports and donor proposals as needed.
Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio
- Attend and participate in event committee meetings as necessary to understand the role of committee and provide appropriate staff support.
- Increase the number of Society volunteers, recognizing and recruiting talent (Managing Relationships, Being Open and Receptive)
- Engage volunteers, effectively communicating and facilitating meaningful opportunities across all functions. (Communication)
- Partner with volunteers to accomplish our work. (Getting Work Done through Others, Getting Organized, Managing Work Processes, and Overcoming Obstacles)
- Cultivate volunteers, seeking and providing feedback and sharing opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning. We recognize the contributions of all volunteers. (Communication, Inspiring Others, People Management, Learning, Being Open and Receptive)