Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GDSS Database Analyst
Using an AgileDevelopment methodology, the data base analyst works to ensure that theperformance of our legacy system databases meet the specified governmentrequirements and customer expectations on the performance of the system. Assist in the databasequeries by developing SQL stored procedures, load external data,develop and update data flow diagrams, and data dictionaries. Developstored procedures in Microsoft SQL server in support of the customers. Develop SQL unit test and expected results. Using industry standards andbest-practices, the DBA will perform customer requirements discussions, performrequirements planning and estimation; work with the project manager and ChiefEngineer to daily planning and troubleshooting concerning production data baserequirements. Interact with the teamlead for the daily work assignments and track progress to support timelyexecution of schedules. We are lookingfor a detailed oriented, well-organized, independent individual that canmulti-task. The DBA will work with various internal teams so effectivecommunication, collaboration, and teamwork is essential for success. They willbe responsible for definition, documentation, and execution of all developmentplans, tollgates and design specifications and reviews necessary to ensure therelease of a fully functional system.
DBA will play anintegral role in the success of the Government program, specifically she/hewill:
· Break downlarge/complex problems and be involved and/or lead the process of design,implementation, and rollout of automation projects and solutions for databases.
· Maintainand extend coverage along with creating appropriate tools, utilities, andautomation scripts that assist in functional testing and to create test data.
· Developeffective test cases that follow the automation design put in place.
· Effectively collaborate and communicate with others in the program and the IVVstaff
· Researchand recommend possible database tools
· Excellentleadership, communication and presentation skills as this position requiresworking with various members and levels of management
EXPERIENCE/SKILLSAND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
· B.S.Degree or equivalent work experience
· 5 yearsof database administration in a multi-language development environment
· Excellentwriting, communication, interpersonal skills with a self-starting attitude,team-player, and flexibility.
· Afast-learner and high degree of creativity and initiatives is expected.
· Excellentanalytical and problem solving skills, and short term and long term planningskills.
· Experiencecreating and editing SQL, troubleshooting PL/SQL.
· Understands Unix or Linux, specifically the command line interface.
· Experience with SDLC and various testing methodologies · Experience withload testing and performance testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits.EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability