Saint Louis County Missouri
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
at Saint Louis County Missouri
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing professional psychiatric nursing care to patients within the St. Louis County Justice Services Center located in Clayton. Scheduling for this position is flexible but will include some non-business hours.
The Division of Corrections Medicine provides full scope, non-privatized clinical services to incarcerated individuals at the ACA accredited Buzz Westfall Justice Center and the NCCHC accredited St. Louis County Juvenile Detention Center. Service lines include primary care, dental care, psychiatry, immunizations, social work, counseling, care for sexually transmitted infections, as well as pharmacy, laboratory and radiology services. Medical care is provided through clinical assessment at intake, daily medication administration and nursing assessments, an outpatient level clinic, an inpatient unit, and clinical discharge services. The Buzz Westfall Justice Center averages between 900-1,200 incarcerated individuals at any given time. Mean stay is approximately 45 days. The St. Louis County Juvenile Detention Center averages 20 incarcerated individuals at any given time. Common medical problems among detainees includes polysubstance use, mental health disorders, traumatic injuries, and common chronic illnesses.
- Examples of Duties
- Direct patient care in the infirmary in conjunction with collaborating physician
- Prescribe, administer, and review/evaluate patient-inmate's response to pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment regimens in consultation with physician, as needed
- Review medications for clinical need, simplification and possible drug-drug interactions and adjust as indicated
- Conduct and document findings on initial, periodic, episodic, and/or annual health histories, and physical examinations on patient-inmates seen in the infirmary and outpatient clinic setting.
- Determine potential needs for therapeutic changes, diagnostic work-ups, and/or subspecialty consultation
- Respond to laboratory and imaging findings to make care decisions
- Complete patient care documentation within 72 hours of provision of care for outpatient care and within 24 hours of provision of care for inpatient care per DPH policy
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment team consultation
- Collaborate appropriately with a supervising physician
- Educate nurses on appropriate care pathways and protocols within the jail system
- Perform related work as required
- Minimum Qualifications
Completion of an accredited program in Nursing leading to licensing as a Registered Nurse, supplemented by completion of an accredited Family Practice Nurse Practitioner program, and three years of clinical experience
.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the State of Missouri and recognized by the State Board of Nursing as a Psychiatric - Mental Health Nurse Practioner (PMHNP).
- Additional Information
SELECTION AND APPOINTMENT: A selection committee will evaluate the qualifications of each applicant which will include recentness and appropriateness of the applicant's education and experience, answers to the supplemental questions, results of employment references investigated and any other appropriate information available.
The selection committee will admit to the interview only those persons who possess the most job related qualifications and may establish admittance criteria beyond the minimum qualifications stated above. The interview will comprise 100% of the applicant's earned grade. A candidate must earn a qualifying grade of 70 or more on the interview to be eligible for appointment. After initial interviews with the selected candidates are conducted, an email will be sent to the address on file with instructions on how to complete and submit a Conviction Questionnaire. Candidates have 3 days to complete the required questionnaire.
The five top ranking candidates, based on the final grade, will be certified to the Department Director/Appointing Authority who will make the final decision.
All applicants conditionally offered a merit position will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Screening will be performed by a reputable clinical laboratory. The cost of screening will be covered by the County.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants interested in applying for this position should visit our website at www.stlouisco.com/personnel/jobsearch . We only accept On-line applications. If you do not have access to a computer with web access, we have a kiosk that you may use in our office located at 41 S. Central 7th Floor, Clayton, Missouri 63105.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY: The policy of the Civil Service Commission of St. Louis County is to support fair and equitable employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veterans' status or political affiliation. Call the Division of Personnel at (314) 615-5429 for more information on this policy.
St. Louis County
Division of Personnel, 7th Floor
Clayton, MO 63105
Relay MO 711 or 800-735-2966
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Fax: (314) 615-7703