The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR II
at The Geo Group
Facility: SW ILLINOIS CORRECTIONAL CENTER - IN PRISON
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a fully-qualified and certified position that implements Substance Abuse education and guidance for residents at an assigned facility
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and submits all treatment and educational outlines, lectures, handouts and other relevant materials as requested.
- Maintains records and daily clinical charting as required internally or by the client.
- Implements substance abuse and life skills assessments and integrates results into resident client treatment plans.
- Participates in all training and supervision activities as provided for internally or by the client.
- Prepares schedules, reports or other information required for the program and requested by the management or the client.
- In conjunction with Treatment Alternative for Safer Communities (TASC) or as part of reentry process, assess client aftercare needs, issues, and services.
- Provide counseling to residents; family or significant others as requested by the management or correctional staff.
- Coordinates individual clinical care of assigned resident caseload.
- Participate in treatment planning and conferences.
- Observes and supervises resident interaction.
- Provides individual and group therapy or counseling. Meets with assigned residents as necessary.
- Maintains and updates residents’ records and documents program in charts.
- Performs Addition Severity Index (ASI) assessments and any other required assessment instruments.
- Assist client’s staff in monitoring offender behavior and developing intervention plans regarding difficult offenders.
- Works as a team member with entire treatment staff and ancillary personnel to promote consistent and coordinated efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in a social or human services field preferred.
- Certification in Alcohol and Drug Counseling.
- Two (2) years of experience providing drug and alcohol counselor to individuals or in a group setting.
Equal Opportunity Employer