The Salvation Army In the Midwest
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Florissant Assistant Manager
at The Salvation Army In the Midwest
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Regular Full-Time
Assists in the Management of the thrift store with staff training and supervision; product acquisition, production and sales; store maintenance and appearance; customer development and retention; and banking and record keeping procedures.
- Assists the store manager in staff training and supervision.
- Including training, evaluating, retraining, giving and clarifying instructions, providing encouragement and redirection for staff in both the front and back of the store.
- Identifies and reports any staffing concerns to the manager for further review and action.
- Provides Scheduling and Payroll back up when manager is on vacation.
- Assists in the implementation of strategies to meet product acquisition, production and sales goals.
- Knows the product acquisition, production and sales goals for the day, week and month and how the store is currently doing compared to goal.
- Knows and is proficient in all parts of the product acquisition, production and sales process.
- Knows the product rotation process and is diligent in turning product over.
- Communicates with central warehouse to place orders for next day’s processing.
- Assists the manager with store maintenance and appearance.
- Follow procedures for maintenance and safety concerns.
- Checks to make sure displays and floor layout plans are being followed and updated.
- Looks for ways to improve appearance and appeal of store to customers.
- Assists manager in customer development and retention.
- Helps create an enjoyable shopping experience.
- Interacts positively with customers.
- Handles Customer Complaints as needed.
- Assists manager with banking and reporting procedures.
- Applies cash handling procedures for opening and closing of registers.
- Makes bank runs and nightly deposits.
- Reports Store product acquisition, production and sales as requested.
- Communicates with the Store Manager.
- With the Store Manager regarding all facets of the stores operations keeping them updated and sharing all incidents, concerns and ideas.
- With ARC Department Heads as outlined in training.
- Works to keep income and expenses within budget parameters.
- Proactively works to improve the image of The Salvation Army among staff and in the community.
- Creates a positive understanding of policies and procedures.
- Redirects complaints and criticism, by providing education and understanding of the program and pricing.
- Protects the resources under their supervision.
- Implement Product Control Procedures preventing shrinkage through theft or spoilage.
- Control property, utility and product supply waste.
Has a valid Drivers license and has transportation to and from the bank. Has retail sales experience. Has experience following and giving direction.