Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transplace is looking for experienced customer service professionals with a background in the Transportation, Supply Chain or Logistics field. Our specialists will manage transportation functions to ensure accurate, timely delivery of product in the most efficient and cost effective manner all while providing excellent customer service to our customers.
PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for aligning and allocating Transplace resources to meet the strategic needs of the Transplace client per Scope of Services defined in Transplace/Client contracts.
- Responsible for executing and or delegating all day-to-day work related to assigned clients in order to maximize efficiency and deliver according to client and company expectations.
- Responsible for managing the integrity and accuracy of client’s data within Transplace’s TMS systems.
- Prepare and participate in some or all aspects of client business reviews.
- Manage and resolve daily carrier issues as needed to ensure service performance.
- Serve as trainer and mentor for Logistic Assistants and Associates.
- Serve as initial point of contact to receive and handle issues regarding service, rates, schedules, etc.
- Conduct analysis to determine optimal solutions reducing overall freight expense.
- Partner with providers to ensure efficient and effective execution of defined processes.
- Re-route freight as needed to meet demands and minimize costs.
- Manage positive day to day relationships with carriers.
- Proactively communicate shipment information regarding route changes, delays, or early deliveries to appropriate internal and external customers.
- Provide reports to internal and external customers as required.
- Document order entry in the TMS system.
- Perform other duties as directed or assigned.
- Plan and schedule work to ensure proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing for subsequent duties.
- Plan and conduct meetings with subordinates to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies, and keep employees abreast of current changes and standards.
- Initiate various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules, train new employees.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service and strong communication and interpersonal skills (both listening and speaking).
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills (record keeping, time management, follow up, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail and sense of urgency, ability to prioritize with an emphasis on quality of work
- MS Office or Windows based software required.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience preferred.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Generally requires an Associate’s Degree or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Preferred: Bachelors in business, logistics, or other related field
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle of Transplace, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.