Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Track and Trace Coordinator
This role is staffed at the Transplace customer's location.
The Track and Trace Coordinator is responsible for the pro-active daily monitoring, tracking and tracing of shipments deemed critical by our client.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Responsible for ensuring Transportation Planners are actively monitoring Tracking ques for shipments at risk or in delay.
- Daily communication with service providers engaged in surface transportation services in support of multiple business divisions.
- Individual follows formalized tracing and tracking methodology, utilizes transportation vendor information gathered through internet, phone, fax, pre-alerts, or other communication means to collect shipment status information, and reports on it.
- Potentially responsible for generating daily/weekly/monthly track and trace reports from TMS system.
- When shipments are at risk or in delay, individual is required to take proactive measures through communication with transportation planners, operations managers and/or shipping sites.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be self-motivated and a team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, & Access)
- Excellent attention to detail and sense of urgency, ability to prioritize with an emphasis on quality of work
- TMS system experience preferred
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
- A strong commitment to customer satisfaction is essential
- At least 1-2 years of experience in client account management (or similar background in the transportation or logistics industry) is preferred
- Requires a High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Associate’s Degree or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience. Bachelor's degree in Logistics or Business is a definite plus
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle of Transplace, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.